Looking Back on Edgescan in 2020January 19, 2021 - 2 min read
As we take a quick look back on 2020, we hope 2021 brings you all the success in the world. While 2020 didn’t go as expected, at Edgescan we will take the positives out of what has been, for many reasons, a tough year. The year started on a high as we celebrated our 6th Birthday, released our annual Vulnerability Report and attended RSA and other live conferences before Covid-19 hit. The initial impact was for our whole company to seamlessly go fully remote and we have been successfully operating in this way since.
Looking back over Edgescan in 2020, here’s a short summary of some of the activities, events and interactions Team Edgescan participated in.
– Celebrated our 6th Birthday
– Released the Edgescan 2020 Vulnerability Report
– Attended RSA & Slándáil Global Security Conferences
– International Women’s Day Celebrations at Edgescan HQ
– Edgescan moves all staff to work from home with Business as Usual!
– Sponsorship of Hack Trinity CTF
– Sponsors BSides Dublin
– Hosted a Webinar with PFH Technology
– Contributed to the Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report
– Edgescan won ‘Best Vulnerability Management 2020’ at SC Awards
– Runner up as Highly Commended for ‘Best Enterprise Security’ at the SC Awards
– Highly Commended Student of the Year – Edgescan team member Emma Heffernan
– Virtually attended Infosecurity Europe 2020
– Edgescan received a €10.5 Million Investment from BGF
– We joined Barrier Networks for a Webinar
– Attended Securing Financial Services Virtual Summit
– Hosted a webinar on Selling Edgescan: The ABCs and 123s
– Shortlisted at the CRN Sales & Marketing Awards 2020
– Joined a webinar with David Sparks on Hacking Automation
– We hosted an Edgescan Webinar Series on Visibility
– Sponsorship of Troy Hunt Blog
– Q&A with Troy Hunt from Team Edgescan
– Virtual Webinar on Filling the Gaps in Traditional Vulnerability Management
– Our EdgeDogs celebrated National Dog Day!
– Edgescan Webinar Series on Validation
– Webinar on API Security and Assessment
– Attended the Future of Cyber Security Virtual Conference
– ZeroDays CTF sponsored, however postponed until the new year!
– Eoin Keary spoke at Connect 2020 Virtual
– We sponsored ShellCon 2020
– James Mullen won Best Ethical Hacker / Pentester
– Sponsors of Brian Krebs on Security Blog
– Rahim spoke at the Media and Entertainment Day Conference
– Hosted another webinar on ‘Closing the Loop Faster for Security Risk’
– Teamed up with BPS for a ‘No Cost API Discovery Assessment’ Webinar
– Eoin Keary spoke at Cyber Security and Cloud Expo in North America Virtually
– We were announced as Finalists in 3 categories for the Computing Security Awards
– We collaborated with TUDublin to deliver a Pentesting workshop
– Winners are Computing Security Awards – ‘Pen Testing Solution of the Year 2020’ & ‘Best Cloud-Delivered Security Solution 2020’
Rounding up 2020, while it was challenging and an extremely tough year, we believe we’ve come out with new ways of interactions, from daily virtual meetings to team ‘Quarantini’ cocktail nights to webinars. We found a new way to learn, grow, develop and succeed. With that said, we hope as much as 2020 challenged us it has made us stronger and we will rise to whatever challenge 2021 has for #TeamEdgescan!