Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration.
This integration allows for the triggering of notification in relation to the following
- Host information
- Assessment updates
Setting up a workflow with Edgescan and MS Teams.
With this integration, you can integrate Edgescan events into your existing workflow by using a Microsoft Teams channel webhook.
In the following use case, a notification will be sent to the selected channel when a vulnerability is opened in Edgescan on any asset, and the risk is at least high.
Two main steps need to be carried out to integrate MS Teams with Edgescan.
Create an incoming webhook for the selected Teams channel.
Create the Edgescan event to trigger the notification.
Creating an incoming webhook for the selected Microsoft Teams channel
To add an Incoming Webhook to a Teams channel
Go to the channel where you want to add the webhook and select ••• More options from the top navigation bar.
Select Connectors from the dropdown menu:
4. Search for Incoming Webhook and select Add.
5. Select Configure, provide a name, and upload an image for your webhook if required:
5. The dialogue window presents a unique URL that maps to the channel. Copy and save the webhook URL to send information to Microsoft Teams and select Done:
The webhook is available in the Teams channel.
Create the Edgescan event to trigger the notification
Navigate to the Events page and select + Add event.
Give the event a name, ie. Vulnerability is opened on any asset when risk is at least high.
Fill out the required conditions for the event.
4. Activate Trigger a webhook.
5. Use the incoming Microsoft Teams webhook URL and select the Microsoft Teams payload.
6. Save and Test webhook.