Sales Development Representative
Job Description: Edgescan is seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to generate new opportunities and pipeline for Account Executives (AE). As an SDR, you will manage outreach, prospecting and lead generation in your territory to ensure we drive business opportunities through the whole sales funnel. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our AE’s up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
– Develop and execute cold calling and email campaign strategies to qualify potential customers as a match for our SaaS platform.
– Meet specific weekly and monthly goals for qualified opportunities to ensure company revenue objectives are met and report to the Revenue Team.
– Build long-term, trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities.
– Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
– Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and account executives.
– Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in addition to excellent listening skills and a positive, engaging phone presence.
– 1-2 years of experience in a sales role (outbound lead generation) in a fast-paced environment.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience required.
– Self-starter, strong work ethic, and hungry, with a drive for achievement.
– A team player who shares information and expertise, promotes team effectiveness by facilitating and building on the ideas of others.
– Experience in a start-up SaaS environment and working with enterprises is a plus.
– System knowledge in Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, or similar.
– Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quotas.
– Customer/prospect empathy.
– Technical aptitude.
– Consultative; ability and desire to drive value for customers based on unique needs.
– Collaborative; partner across functions.
– Intellectually curious; driven to expand cybersecurity domain and professional expertise.
– Metrics-driven; ability to translate customer needs into achievable goals and operate well in a data-driven environment.
Opportunities for growth and development within Edgescan include the possibility of moving into an account executive role or leading a sales team in the future. Previous Sales Development Representatives at Edgescan have also gone on to find success in other departments within the company.